Saturday, December 6, 2014

Fairy Tales

    In my English class we have been learning about fairy tales. Not just reading or watching fairy tales but learning why the original fairy tales are important for children to read. As an adult it is harder to analyze fairy tales without some bias or pre-conceived notions. As a child the only fairy tales I read or watched were the Disney versions for the most part. What I was drawn to most as a child was the music or the illustrations and the animals. Since we have been talking more about fairy tales and discussing Bettelheim’s analysis on fairy tales it almost makes me view them in a different way. Not in a corrupt way but more of an appreciative way. There are definite lessons that children are intended to learn from these stories. I have been so far removed from fairy tales that I never really thought about why they are good, and why they are more than a way to occupy and amuse children.

No comments:

Post a Comment