Friday, December 12, 2014

Luna Lovegood and Neville Longbottom

     This past semester I have been talking about my research paper, my thoughts, and challenges with it. It has just occurred to me that I have been talking all about my Harry Potter paper all semester on my crazy cat lady blog and have yet to talk about My Cats! To start off I must tell you there is a reason I chose to write my research paper about a Harry Potter film; I LOVE Harry Potter. That information know known, I will tell you about my awesome cats. My husband and I have a 3 ½ year old cat named Luna, appropriately named after one of the best characters in the Harry Potter series, Luna Lovegood. When we first met Luna and her siblings at the Kendall County pound she was not one of the kittens running all over the place. She was very calm and usually off on her own. I know this will sound cheesy but we did not choose Luna, she chose us. Based on her demeanor and her color we knew she was Luna. Our other cat just turned 2 this fall and is the most bizarre cat I have ever known. Our handsome big boy Neville we also rescued, in a less conventional story that is too long to talk about. Neville is named after another great character, Neville Longbottom. When most people find out that my cats names are named after Harry Potter characters, it is always 2 different ways this fact presents itself. I am either asked with much excitement and hope that our cats are named after Luna Lovegood and Neville Longbottom or the fact comes out in conversation and people respond with a, really?? I didn’t know that, I don’t know who those characters are, or  oh, those characters.... I think anyone who has READ the Harry Potter books will understand why I love those characters so much. Honestly I could write about my cats for much longer but there is a time and a place to be over the top crazy cat lady and I am quickly reaching the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment